Join The Team
Here at YouthBuild Lake County, we are more than just a team. We are a family that unites through our shared passion to help the youth in our community. We strive to encourage and support not only our members, but each other as well.
We are seeking team members who embrace our mission and our core values of integrity, responsibility, respect, and teamwork. If you are passionate about working together to make a difference for the youth in our community, we encourage you to take a look at our open positions.
As the Program Assistant – Career Development, you help prepare our program participants for life in the workplace. You will work closely with our participants to guide them in determining their desired career pathways. You will help organize small events to bolster professional development such as mock interview sessions, communication workshops, and professional guest speakers, to name a few. You should be willing to work with
Program Assistant - Career Development| $35,360 - $41,600 a year
As the Program Assistant – Career Development, you help prepare our program participants for life in the workplace. You will work closely with our participants to guide them in determining their desired career pathways. You will help organize small events to bolster professional development such as mock interview sessions, communication workshops, and professional guest speakers, to name a few. You should be willing to work with others across the organization to evaluate, coach, and motivate our youth to set and achieve goals while fulfilling the YBLC mission. You should have proven ability to be organized, have strong communication skills, and provide exceptional follow-through. This is an entry-level position and is the right fit for someone who is looking to work directly with our program participants and who would like to be a part of a dynamic work environment committed to making positive change for and with our program participants.
- Provide guidance to all YouthBuild members about possible careers and college placement
- Assist in planning of professional development events such as professional guest speakers, mock interviews, field trips, etc.
- Identity opportunities to expose members to various professional occupations
- Assist members in assessing an appropriate career pathway to pursue utilizing online career assessment tools and personal interviews
- Manage member internship placement and offsite work experience during programing to meet program training expectations
Staff Accountant | $55,000 - $60,000 a year
We are looking for a reliable Staff Accountant to assist in preparing statements that follow all regulatory and accounting guidelines under the supervision of the Finance Director You will be responsible for identifying and preventing discrepancies and helping set up control systems.
- Support most aspects of accounting management (billing, tax forms, reporting etc.)
- Assist in the formulation of internal controls and policies to comply with legislation and established best practices
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements in compliance with official guidelines and requirements
- Manage journal entries, invoices etc. and reconcile accounts for the monthly or annual closing
- Assist in the preparation of budgets or forecasts
Senior Construction Trainer |$55,000 - $65,000 a year
The Senior Construction Trainer, under the supervision of the Construction Manager, will teach young adults construction competencies to ensure career and educational success. The Senior Construction Trainer will provide supervision, training, and coaching while ensuring the safe and timely completion of projects.
- Ensure safety on all worksites including appropriate personal protective equipment and use of tools, with zero tolerance for noncompliance with safety guidelines.
- Deliver on-site construction and general carpentry training including teaching the skills necessary to do such projects as demolition, rehabilitation, renovation, and/or new housing construction.
- Coordinate property inspections as necessary for municipal, county, insurance, funders, and others…